Case Study 3: A.Datum Corporation (QUESTION 21 ~ QUESTION 27)
A. Datum Corporation is an airline catering company that has 8,000 users. A. Datum has three main offices. The offices are located in Detroit, Chicago, and New York.
Active Directory Environment
The network contains an Active Directory forest named adatum.com. The forest contains a single domain. All domain controllers run Windows Server 2012. Each main office contains two domain controllers. Each office is configured as an Active Directory site. The functional level of the forest is Windows Server 2012.
The offices connect to each other by using a dedicated WAN link. Only the office in New York and the office in Detroit connect directly to the Internet. Each office has a firewall. The public DNS records for A. Datum are configured as shown in the following table.
The external interface for the firewall in the New York office is configured to use an IP address of 126.96.36.199 and to pass inbound traffic on port 25 and port 443 to EX2. The external interface for the firewall in the Detroit office is configured to use an IP address of 188.8.131.52 and to pass inbound traffic on port 443 to EX4. The Active Directory site is configured as shown in the Sites exhibit. (Click the Exhibit button.) Exchange Server Organization
A. Datum has an Exchange Server 2013 organization that contains two servers. The servers are configured as shown in the following table.
Each server contains 15 mailbox databases. Users use the name mail.adatum.com to connect to their mailbox from the Internet. The users use the FQDN of the servers to connect from the internal network. AM of the users in the Detroit office have a mailbox hosted on EX2. The default email address policy contains a single email address format of @adatum.com. A separate Send connector exists for the Chicago office and the New York office. The local servers in each office are the only source servers in each Send connector. The New York office is configured as a hub site. Antimalware filtering is disabled on EX1 and EX2.
A. Datum identifies the following issues:
– Users in the Detroit office report that sometimes, Microsoft Outlook takes a long time to open.
– During a recent storage failure, administrators failed to restore the latest backup and lost all of the email messages from the previous 48 hours.
– Users report that the email messages sent to some Internet domains are not received. Users in the Chicago office report that some of their email messages generate a non-delivery report (NDR).
– The help desk in the New York office reports that its most common Exchange-related task is to restore email messages that were deleted by users more than 14 days ago. The task requires time-consuming restore operations by the help desk.
A. Datum wants to provide users with the ability to access their email from Internet Explorer 10, even when the users are disconnected from the network. This ability must only be available if the users log on to Outlook Web Access by using the Private option.
You plan to deploy three additional Exchange Server 2013 servers. The servers will be configured as shown in the following table.
After the planned deployment, all of the mailboxes of the Detroit office users will be moved to EX3. All of the Detroit office users will use the name detroitmail.adatum.com when they connect from the Internet and the name ex4.adatum.com when they connect from the internal network.
A. Datum identifies the following technical requirements:
– All existing and future mailboxes must be limited to 5 GB of storage.
– Antimalware and anti-spam filtering must be enabled for the entire Exchange Server organization.
– If storage for the mailbox database fails, administrators must be able to recover email messages handled by transport services for to the last five days.
– Only the members of a group named Executives must be able to schedule meetings in a room mailbox named Boardroom. Meeting requests must not be moderated.
– All of the servers in the New York office that have the Client Access server role installed must be accessed by using a load balancing solution that can mark a server as down ifa specific URL on the server is unavailable.
Mailbox Creation Requirements
A. Datum identifies the following requirements for creating new mailboxes:
– All mailboxes must automatically have single item recovery enabled.
– All mailboxes must automatically have the Exchange ActiveSync feature disabled.
You need to recommend a solution to meet the technical requirements for mailbox size restrictions. Which command should you include in the recommendation? (To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.)
Drag and Drop Question
You need to recommend a solution to meet the technical requirements for email message recovery. Which command should you include in the recommendation? (To answer, configure the appropriate options in the answer area.)
You are evaluating the planned deployment of the additional Exchange Server 2013 servers. You need to recommend changes to the DNS records to ensure that email messages are routed to the Detroit site if the servers in the New York site are unavailable. What should you recommend adding?
A. An MX record that has a preference value of 10 that points to EX4
B. An MX record that has a preference value of 20 that points to EX4
C. An MX record that has a preference value of 10 that points to EX3
D. An MX record that has a preference value of 20 that points to EX3
NOT A C D
Need to change the value of the MX record to achieve the desired result.
Need to have a preference value greater for the 2nd preferred exchange mail server (Detroit) than the 1st preferred mail server.(New York)
That is it needs to point to the Detroit mail server (EX4) only if the New York mail server is unavailable.
Need to point to EX4 and have a higher preference value than 10. (The default value of New York mail server MX record)
You need to recommend a solution to resolve the issue of email messages not being received on the Internet. What should you include in the solution?
A. Modify the CNAME record.
B. Add an MX record.
C. Modify the TXT record.
D. Add a pointer (PTR) record.
You need to recommend a solution for the New York office that meets the technical requirements for client access. What should you include in the recommendation? (Each correct answer presents a complete solution. Choose all that apply.)
A. A Layer 4 hardware load balancer
B. A Client Access server array
C. A Layer 7 hardware load balancer
D. The Network Load Balancing (NLB) feature
E. DNS round robin
You need to recommend a solution to meet the mailbox creation requirements. Which three actions should you recommend performing in sequence? (To answer, move the appropriate three actions from the list of actions to the answer area and arrange them in the correct order.)
Edit the ScriptingAgentConfig.xml.sample file, and then rename the file as
Copy the ScriptingAgentConfig.xml file to all of the Mailbox servers Run the Enable-CmdletExtensionAgent “Scripting Agent” command
Cmdlet Extension Agents
Cmdlet extension agents are components in Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 invoked by Exchange cmdlets when the cmdlets run. As the name implies, cmdlet extension agents extend the capabilities of the
cmdlets that invoke them by assisting in processing data or performing additional actions based on the requirements of the cmdlet. Cmdlet extension agents are available on any server role.
Agents can modify, replace, or extend functionality of Exchange Management Shell cmdlets. An agent can provide a value for a required parameter that isn’t provided on a command, override a value provided by a user, perform other actions outside of the cmdlet workflow while a cmdlet runs, and more.
You can use the Scripting agent cmdlet extension agent in Exchange 2013 to insert your own scripting logic into the execution of Exchange cmdlets. Using the Scripting agent, you can add conditions, override values, and set up reporting.
Every time an Exchange cmdlet is run, the cmdlet invokes the Scripting agent cmdlet extension agent. When this agent is invoked, the cmdlet checks whether any scripts are configured to be invoked by the cmdlet. If a script should be run for a cmdlet, the cmdlet tries to invoke any APIs defined in the script.
The Scripting agent configuration file contains all the scripts that you want the Scripting agent to run. Scripts in the configuration file are contained within XML tags that define the beginning and end of the script and various input parameters required to pass data to the script. Scripts are written using Windows PowerShell syntax. The configuration file is an XML file that uses the elements or attributes in the following table.
Every Exchange 2013 server includes the file ScriptingAgentConfig.xml.sample in the <installation path>\V15\Bin\CmdletExtensionAgents folder. This file must be renamed to ScriptingAgentConfig.xml on every Exchange 2013 server if you enable the Scripting Agent cmdlet extension agent. The sample configuration file contains sample scripts that you can use to help you understand how to add scripts to the configuration file. After you add a script to the configuration file, or if you make a change to the configuration file, you must update the file on every Exchange 2013 server in your organization. This must be done to make sure that each server contains an up-to-date version of the scripts that the Scripting Agent cmdlet extension agent runs.
Renamed from ScriptingAgentConfig.xml.sample on every Exchange 2013 server if you enable the Scripting Agent cmdlet extension agent.
Every Exchange 2013 server includes the file ScriptingAgentConfig.xml.sample in the <installation path>\V15
This file must be renamed to ScriptingAgentConfig.xml on every Exchange 2013 server if you enable the Scripting Agent cmdlet extension agent.
The sample configuration file contains sample scripts that you can use to help you understand how to add scripts to the configuration file.
Enable-CmdletExtensionAgent “Scripting Agent” command
Use the Enable-CmdletExtensionAgent cmdlet on a server running Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 to enable a cmdlet extension agent.
EXAMPLE 1 This example enables the Scripting Agent cmdlet extension agent. Before you enable the Scripting Agent, you need to make sure that you’ve first deployed the ScriptingAgentConfig.xml configuration file to all the servers in your organization. If you don’t deploy the configuration file first and you enable the Scripting Agent, all non-Get cmdlets fail when they’re run.
Enable-CmdletExtensionAgent “Scripting Agent”
Run the Set-CmdletExtensionAgent “Scripting Agent” command Use the
Set-CmdletExtensionAgent cmdlet on a server running Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 to modify a cmdlet extension agent.
This example changes the priority of the fictitious “Validation Agent” cmdlet extension agent to 9. Set-CmdletExtensionAgent “Validation Agent” -Priority 9 STEPS
1. Edit the ScriptingAgentConfig,xml.sample file, and then rename the file as
Need to add in your own appropriate scripts
2. Copy the ScriptingAgentConfig.xml file to all of the Mailbox Servers The question refers to mailbox creation requirements but according to the above information – After you add a script to the configuration file, or if you make a change to the configuration file, you must update the file on every Exchange 2013 server in your organization. In the absence of further information, accept updating the mailbox servers over the client access servers
3.Enable- CmdletExtensionAgent “Scripting Agent” command Have to enable the cmdlet extension agent.
You are evaluating the deployment of the additional Exchange Server 2013 servers. You need to recommend changes to the transport configurations to ensure that all email messages sent from the Detroit office are routed through EX2. What should you include in the recommendation?
A. Increase the cost of the CHI-NY site link to 15.
B. Specify an Exchange-specific cost of 20 for the CHI-DET site link.
C. Decrease the cost of the CHI-NY and the DET-NY site links to 4.
D. Increase the cost of the DET-NY site link to 15.
Case Study 4: Proseware, Inc (QUESTION 28 ~ QUESTION 34)
Proseware, Inc., is an international manufacturing company that has 3,000 users. Proseware has a sales department, a marketing department, a research department, and a human resources department. Proseware recently purchased a small competitor named Contoso, Ltd.
Proseware has two offices. The offices are located in New York and London. The offices connect to each other by using a WAN link. Each office connects directly to the Internet.
Contoso has one office in Chicago.
Active Directory Environment
The network of Proseware contains an Active Directory forest named proseware.com. The forest contains a single domain and two sites named London and New York. Each site contains two domain controllers that run Windows Server 2008 R2. The domain controllers in the New York site are named DC1 and DC2. The domain controllers in the London site are named DC3 and DC4. All FSMO roles are hosted on DC3 and DC4. The network of Contoso contains an Active Directory forest named contoso.com. The forest contains five domain controllers and one site.
Exchange Server Organization
Proseware has an Exchange Server 2013 organization that contains two database availability groups (DAGs) named DAG-NYC and DAG-LON. The DAGs are configured as shown in the following table.
The certificate used for Exchange Server 2013 has a subject name of mail.proseware.com and a Subject Alternative Name (SAN) of autodiscover.proseware.com. Each mailbox database has three copies. All users connect to an active copy of the database on a server in their respective office. Native data protection is implemented. NTLM communication is used exclusively for Outlook Anywhere both internally and externally.
Proseware identifies the following issues:
– Users report that sometimes, they fail to access the free/busy information of the other users. You also discover that some users fail to retrieve Autodiscover settings.
– Users in the London office report that during a 24-hour WAN outage, they could see only new users in the global address list (GAL) from Outlook Web App.
– The manager of the human resources department in the New York office cannot see new London office users in the GAL until several hours after the help desk confirms that the users were created.
– A hung MSExchangeOWAAppPool in Internet Information Services (IIS) on EX1 causes all of the database copies to fail over. Despite having the same CopyQueueLength and ReplayQueueLength as the copies on EX2, the copies on EX3, which have a higher activation preference, are activated, forcing user connections over the WAN.
– A custom application named Appl recently malfunctioned and sent hundreds of false positive email notifications that had a subject of System Alert: Sales Database Reaching Capacity to all of the users in the organization. While attempting to remove the email messages, an administrator ran the Search-Mailbox -DeleteContent command and erroneously deleted valid email messages from the mailboxes of some executives.
Proseware identifies the following business goals:
– Reduce the costs associated with using bandwidth on the WAN links.
– Improve social media integration by using a Microsoft Outlook app that will be deployed to all of the users in the sales department.
Proseware plans to make the following changes:
– Implement a lagged copy for the mailbox database of the executives.
– Implement an RBAC-linked role group for the administrators at Contoso to manage the mailboxes of the Proseware users.
Proseware identifies the following technical requirements:
– End users must be notified after one hour if the email messages that they send are not delivered.
– If mailbox database storage fails, the IT department must be able to recover old email messages that were sent up to five days earlier to the mailboxes of the executives.
– All new users hired at Contoso must have a user account in contoso.com and an Exchange Server mailbox in proseware.com. All new user accounts in contoso.com must have a user principal name (UPN) that ends with proseware.com.
– Administrators at Contoso must be able to create and manage recipient objects in the Exchange Server organization of Proseware by using their existing contoso.com administrator account. All Contoso recipient objects must reside in an organizational unit (OU) named proseware.com.
The Chief Security Officer (CSO) introduces the following security requirements:
– All Outlook users who connect from the Internet must use Basic authentication only.
– All Outlook users who connect from the internal network must use NTLM authentication only.
Due to productivity losses during some recent maintenance windows, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) introduces a new service level agreement (SLA) requiring that all servers entering or exiting a maintenance window must be taken in and out of service properly.
The SLA contains the following requirements:
– All mounted databases on the server undergoing maintenance must be activated on another server.
– All message queues on the server undergoing maintenance must be empty before maintenance can begin.
– The server undergoing maintenance must be prevented from becoming a Primary Active Manager (PAM).
– Databases copies on the server undergoing maintenance must not be activated while maintenance is occurring.
You are attempting to resolve the database activation issue. You need to identify why the database copies are activated on EX3 instead of EX2. Which command should you use? (To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.)
Drag and Drop Question
You need to identify which commands must be run to perform the maintenance window tasks. Which commands should you run? (To answer, drag the appropriate commands to the correct tasks. Each command may be used once, more than once, or not at all. You may need to drag the split bar between panes or scroll to view content.)
You need to recommend which command must be run to remove the email notifications from all of the servers if App1 malfunctions again. Which command should you recommend? (To answer, configure the appropriate options in the answer area.)
If you want to pass the Microsoft 70-341 Exam sucessfully, recommend to read latest Microsoft 70-341 Dump full version.